Cajun Chicken Pieces with Slow Roasted Vegetables Recipe
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 yellow pepper
8 cherry tomatoes
4 medium-sized carrots
2 chicken breast fillets
Couple sprigs of rosemary
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Firstly preheat your oven to 200C / 400F / gas mark 6.
2. Put some water into a pan and bring it to a boil (then simmer). Peel the carrots, then chop them lengthwise into around 4 sticks, place in the water for around 10-15 minutes until slightly tender.
3. Whilst the carrots are cooking, roughly chop up the red, green and yellow peppers. Peel and chop the onion, again into rough pieces. Halve the cherry tomatoes. Place all the vegetables into a roasting tin / dish, drizzle with olive oil and give them a quick mix with a fork ensuring that all the vegetables are coated in the oil. Don’t overdo it with the oil it will be too greasy if you do. Add a couple of sprigs of rosemary to the vegetables then pop into the oven for around 35-40 minutes.
4. Drain the carrots when cooked then add them to the vegetables in the roasting tin / dish. Return the vegetables to the oven to carry on cooking.
5. Fifteen minutes before your vegetables are due to be taken out, chop each chicken breast into bite size pieces then place in a bowl. Drizzle the chicken with olive oil, then add a good sprinkling of Cajun seasoning (around 1 – 1 1/2 tablespoons). Mix the chicken well with a spoon ensuring all chicken is coated well.
6. In a medium frying pan / skillet, add a dash of olive oil then cook the chicken pieces over a low to medium heat until all the chicken is cooked through properly, this will take around 8-10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
7. By now the vegetables should be cooked, remove them from the oven, and add the cooked Cajun chicken pieces in the roasting tin / dish. Give a gently stir so that the chicken pieces are mixed in.
8. Serve at once and enjoy!