Rosie’s Sausage House Hash Recipe
1 1/4lbs potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
1 large onion
1 pack (about 1lb) Cumberland / Lincolnshire sausages
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 – 2 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon paprika
8oz mushrooms (optional)
3/4 pint beef or onion gravy
salt and pepper to taste
1. Firstly preheat your oven to 190C / Gas Mark 5.
2. Peel your potatoes and cut them into bite sized pieces. Place them in cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
3. Slice your onions.
4. Crush your garlic.
5. Gently fry your sausages until browned all round, remove and set aside.
6. Add a little oil into the pan that you cooked your sausages in and fry the onions for around 4-5 minutes until they start to become transparent. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
7. Drain your potatoes and add them to the onions and garlic with the paprika.
8. Stir to coat well and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
9. Cut each sausage into 3 diagonally (only because it makes them look nicer!) and then add them to the pan. Season and mix well.
10. Pour the potato and sausage mixture into an ovenproof dish and pour the gravy over the top. Mix gently to coat.
11. Place in the oven for about 20 minutes until the sausages are cooked through. Serve with steamed carrots or broccolli.