1lb rump or sirloin steak (cut into thin strips)
1 red pepper (chopped small)
1 carrot (chopped into matchstick size strips)
3 tbsp light soy sauce
1 leek (chopped into matchstick size strips)
5oz fresh mushrooms (sliced)
1inch piece of fresh ginger (sliced finely)
3 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
4oz bean sprouts
1. Place the beef in a shallow bowl and add the soy sauce, turning the meat over so its all coated (if possible leave to marinate at least 30 mins, but if you don’t have time no problem at all).
2. Heat the oil in a wok (or large frying pan).
3. Drain the beef and keep the marinade (soy sauce) to one side. Add beef to the wok and stir fry for around 2- minutes. Remove beef from the wok and keep warm at one side.
4. Next add the sliced carrot, pepper, mushrooms, ginger and leeks to the wok and stir fry again for around 3-4 minutes, then add the beef with the marinade and stir fry again for around 3-5 minutes until the vegetables are cooked but still nice and crisp and the beef is hot.
5. Serve immediately and enjoy!